- Cricut Circle Welcome Kit (Includes Exclusive Cricut Circle Cartridge, Official Circle Membership Certificate, Inspirational Bracelet with the exclusive Cricut Circle charm)
- Exclusive Circle Only Cartridges (released once a quarter)
- Extra Rewards Points (2 points for every $ 1 spent at Cricut.com — This does not include Circle Membership or renewals unless specifically stated)
- An additional 10% off all Cricut.com purchases
- Weekly prizes or Cricut.com credits from the Cricut Circle Blog or Other Prizes/Drawings
- Circlets-Only Message Board
- Monthly Cricut Circle PDF Magazine
- Exclusive Cricut Circle Blog
- And Much MORE!
For those of you curious about the Circle, once a month we will be giving you a “sneak peek” into projects created and featured for Cricut Circle Members. Cricut Circle Members receive over 60 exclusive project ideas a month through the Cricut Circle Blog and Cricut Circle PDF Magazine. And this is a sneak at just one of those!
Hello! Kristen Swain here with a quick last minute gift for the Dad in your life.
Now, in our family we don’t celebrate with big gifts on Mother’s or Father’s Day. Small gifts are just fine – even better if they are a fun or thoughtful gift – something that has some meaning to them. I bought these Honey Roasted Peanuts for my youngest daughter, Annalise, to give to her daddy. She and my hubby both enjoy Monster trucks and they both love these nuts. It’s one of those things that they bond over, so I thought these would be a great gift.
This set can be put together in just about an hour, making it a great last minute set!
I searched through my cartridges and found this great Father’s Day Cartridge that had the perfect images on it. For the card I cut a piece of this great silver metallic mirror paper and ran it through my Cuttlebug Machine using the Diamond Plate Embossing Folder. Then I tore strips of kraft and brown cardstock and layered them on the bottom part of the card.
Next I cut my Happy Father’s Day title. One of the great things about these cuts are that you can layer behind them. I layered a strip of blue cardstock behind the word Father’s, then attached the shadow cut with patterned paper.
I did the same thing on the truck, adding gray cardstock to the tires, and silver cardstock to the windshield and front grill on the truck. When I layered the truck on my card, I stuck the tires behind the torn kraft cardstock to make it look like it was sitting in the dirt. I also added a little bit of foam tape just to the top of the truck, so that it has dimension but still sits in the dirt.
For the jar, I added a large strip of blue paper to cover the sticker label, then I added a smaller plaid strip over that middle of that blue paper. When I went to place my title, it was flat, so I used my hands and gently pulled and bent the paper a little, while going through my fingers ( you could also use the edge of a table and gently curve the paper that way. This helped me to adhere the title to the jar better and it doesn’t stick out on the sides. Just be careful not to crease your paper. I also did this with my small monster truck.
For the lid, I ran more of the mirror paper through the Cuttlebug Machine using the Diamond Plate Embossing Folder, and then simply cut a circle using my lid for the sizing ( I just traced the lid and cut it out) and a thin strip for around the sides. Put together they cover the lid beautifully!
For the finishing touches I added matching buttons to the card and the jar, tied with a bit of twine.
I hope this inspires you to personalize something for the wonderful man in your life!
Designed by: Kristen Swain
Cricut Machines Used: Cricut Expression, Cuttlebug Machine
Cricut Cartridges Used: Father’s Day Seasonal Cartridge
Other Supplies Used: Cuttlebug Diamond Plate Embossing Folder, Cardstock (American Crafts), Patterned Paper/Mirror Paper (Teresa Collins Designs On the Edge collection), Buttons, Twine, Adhesive (Glue Arts)
- Happy Father’s Day plaque- cut at 3.25 using black cardstock
- Happy Father’s Day shadow- cut at 3.25 using gray/blue patterned paper
- Best Dad Ever plaque- cut at 4 inches using black cardstock
- Best Dad Ever plaque- cut at 4.25 inches using gray/blue patterned paper
- Monster Truck- cut at 2.75 and 5 inches using black cardstock
- Monster Truck layer- cut at 2.75 and 5 inches using gray/blue patterned paper