Question by SnoozeButton: Tool Suggestions for Papercraft.?
I recently started getting into papercraft, mostly doing the figures from www.cubeecraft.com, and I’m looking for some suggestions for tools.
I’m doing most of my cutting with a hobby knife. I find I have more control with the knife vs scissors, but it wears on the fingers. I’m currently using metal pencil like knives I picked up from hobby lobby, but I’d like to upgrade to something more economical. Also I’d like to find a ruler that I can use along with a hobby knife and not have to worry about cutting into the ruler. Perhaps on that has cork on the bottom so it doesn’t move around. Any other tool suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Answer by iroc70
You got the best tools already, but for a ruler use a metal one
My list of tool are:
1) craft knife or utility knife
2) scissors and wavy type types for special effects and broder
3) a good cutting board
4) a printer with a scanner
5) a paper storage unit to store your paper, card stock,poster stock …etc
6) a computer with CD or DVD burner drive
7) various glue
8) a Pantograph – this is optional ( it a device for copying patterns some people find this easier to use )
9) Some good book on paper craft
10) some stencils ( for envelopes, cards, tags, cups, boots, letters…ect
11) some paper punches ( the type with shape designs like hearts, stars, circles..etc)
it a really good product from what I heard
I hope this helps
What do you think? Answer below!