Question by avscrisostomo: Cricut Expression 2 Help!?
I recently received a Cricut Expression 2 (CE2). I have been looking for answers to my questions on other websites but am having a little bit of difficulty. Hopefully I chose the right topic and someone here can help me with these. =) Thanks in advance!
1. Do all cartridges work with the CE2, or do I have to look for cartridges specifically made to work with my machine?
2. If I download digital designs from the website, can I download them from my computer into my CE2 or do I have to download them directly to my machine?
3. My CE2 picked up that we have a WiFi signal in our home but said I need to purchase an additional adapter to have it access WiFi (I’m assuming this is where we would download the digital designs). I haven’t seemed to be able to find this device on the Cricut website. Am I mistaken?
Any help would be great. =)
Answer by skaldsircha
I went with the silohouette cameo for a couple of reasons namely your 1, 2, and 3 there.
1. All cartridges should work with CE2, join a local scrapper group and try borrowing someone’s cartridge from an older set to see if it works.
2. You should be able to, however, you will never be able to make your own designs and have CE2 print them up for you.
3. That is for the design genie thing that came out a few years ago, it’s $ 150 comes with a mini-Design Studio but promises more than delivers or rather, you could do more with it but that reduced cartridge sales and so they cut the service. I’m not sure, I decided not to go with that company.
Give your answer to this question below!